To be a strong candidate for the Quality Engineer opportunity, you will have:
- 5 years’ minimum experience in a Quality discipline; experience in optical or wholesale laboratory environment highly preferred.
- BS degree in Engineering.
- Superior knowledge of ISO Quality system requirements and/or Class 1 Medical Devices.
- Demonstrated competency in facilitation skills.
- Experienced with modern quality practices and applications.
- Team-oriented, with strong personal commitment.
- Project management skills.
- Communication skills - verbal and written; comfortable with teaching teams or groups.
- Computer skills: Highly skilled in Microsoft Office practical applications, QMS programs, preferred experience with statistical software packages (such as MINITAB).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to ALL Management levels, both internally and externally, while representing our company in a professional manner.
- Advanced Computer Skills in Microsoft Office, Access, PowerPoint, Mini Tab.
- Understanding of Statistical Process Control (SPC), Capability Process Control, process sampling systems and procedures and statistical techniques.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and teamwork skills.
- Must be self-starter, highly organized, manage to priorities and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of ophthalmic manufacturing process and coating process.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Green Belt is a plus, but not required.
- ASQ Certification is a plus but not required.
Note: At Essilor, every title and every level is a hands-on role with deliverables.
In addition to these requirements, you should be willing to travel on occasion to visit and align with other labs or conduct supplier audits. Travel will be less than 10%. Quick question for you - click here