To be a good fit for the Department Manager opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in chemical, mechanical or industrial engineering.
- 5+ years of experience managing supervisors and teams in large production operations. Quick question for you - click here
- Experience in chemical and clean-room environments, including knowledge of safety and environmental guidelines. Experience in optical labs is preferred, and experience with digital surfacing technology would be ideal.
- The ability to perform line balancing for both batch and continuous processes.
- Experience implementing process improvements and workplace organization, preferably including Lean, Six Sigma and time studies. A green belt is a plus.
- Solid analytical skills and experience managing to metrics and creating reports for leadership.
- Computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and Salesforce.com.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated competence in motivating employees to meet performance goals, and comfort with coaching and training individuals and teams.
Pivotal to your success will be your ability to train people and ensure adherence to processes. While you typically will work during the day, you'll also need to be willing and able to come in early and stay late to interact with the second and third shifts. We're starting with a single shift, but will add second and third shifts in the near future.
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship.