The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Tray Up/Opener - 3rd Shift opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Some related work experience would be helpful, such as in manufacturing, lab settings, or optical.
- A strong number sense, and the ability to differentiate numerical codes that look very similar.
- The ability to meet measurable standards in a dynamic production environment.
- The ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Depth perception and manual dexterity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to maintain it in a repetitive environment.
- This position requires that you stand and walk for the duration of any shift.
- You'll work with and around chemicals.
- You'll need to be able to lift and move up to 20 lbs. to waist height on a regular basis.
- We are customer driven, so we'll look to you to be flexible about working overtime as needed, possibly including weekends.
- This is a night shift position (10:45 pm - 6:45 am, Sunday through Thursday nights); if you've never worked nights before you should be prepared to change your lifestyle to ensure you're present and ready during work hours.
The Role & Keys to SuccessRole Overview
You’ll be on a team of five techs who are responsible for putting frames and lenses into the trays to send them on for edging. You will double check that the tray numbers are correct, and put everything into the tray, then sort so the right trays go to the correct machines. This role requires someone with a strong ability to match numbers and great attention to detail.
You’ll also need to be to stay focused on repetitive tasks so you can meet your hourly quota. This is mostly an independent contributor position, so you’ll need to be self-motivated, and will need to be able to use good judgment. However, you’ll have plenty of support with your supervisor, the group leads, and the rest of the tray team to turn to if you have questions.
Keys to Success
We are a department that enjoys making work fun. We're looking for adaptable and flexible people who can excel in a fast-paced production environment. If you are willing to show up and try, as well as to think and learn, then you’ll find success here.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Tray Up/Opener - 3rd Shift, you will:
- Bring a proactive approach to learning and getting up to speed quickly.
- Support our commitment to getting Quality Right the First Time.
- Achieve goals independently and also contribute as a team player.
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Remain flexible and adaptable as processes change.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe workspace.
- Bring a commitment to our mission and goals.
More Good ReasonsProfessional development
Our in-house training program will acquaint you with our culture and business, as well as your role. You'll spend time in classroom sessions and also shadow a coach. We're committed to ensuring you thrive at Essilor.
History shows that strong performers can advance their careers at Essilor. Success in this role could set you up to pursue other positions on the finishing team, or eventually to move into a float or group lead role. In addition, in such a large company there are always other avenues to build your career throughout the organization.
You'll be working with an upbeat manager who will be with you on the overnight shift. If you're a leader who enjoys having fun in a professional way while getting work done, then this could be a great fit for you.
You will join a team that includes dedicated, smart and mutually supportive professionals. Our culture is entrepreneurial, and the company has been innovating both technologically and to solve problems for 170 years. You'll also learn the cultural nuances of working for a company based in another country, if that's new to you.
Truly living our values
At Essilor, we believe everyone deserves to see life and all its detail with the best vision possible. That's why, in addition to designing, manufacturing and distributing quality vision care solutions worldwide, we invest in raising awareness of the importance of good vision, support eyecare professionals, invent new technologies and products, and support philanthropic initiatives. For example, the Essilor Vision Foundation partners with schools, eye doctors, and communities to provide eye exams and glasses to underserved children at no cost to their families. We also are committed to robust standards for environmental sustainability. These are just a couple of reasons we were one of the 52 companies named to Fortune magazine's 2019 Change the World list.
In addition to competitive compensation and bonus potential, we offer an exceptional mix of first-rate benefits, including medical, dental and vision plans; a 401(k) plan with company match; tuition reimbursement; comprehensive training through Essilor University; lens and frame benefits for you and your family; an employee stock purchase plan with company match; and more.
Video: As part of the #DifferenceMakers campaign, Essilor chose four eyecare professionals and three Essilor employees to participate in a mission trip to Southeast Asia in March 2019.