The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Blocker/Inspection - 2nd Shift opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years of related work experience, such as in manufacturing; experience in lab settings is preferred, and optical experience would be ideal.
- High mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask and set priorities.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- The ability to:
- Meet measurable standards in a dynamic production environment.
- Add, subtract and understand decimal sequencing.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Basic computer skills.
- Depth perception and manual dexterity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- This position requires that you stand and walk for the duration of any shift.
- You may work with and around chemicals.
- Work areas may be wet and/or dirty and or have a strong smell.
- You'll need to be able to lift and move up to 20 lbs. to waist height on a regular basis.
- We are customer driven, so we'll look to you to be flexible about working overtime as needed.
The RoleRole Overview
You will check the quality of finished products before they are shipped, insuring that:
- Lenses are optically and cosmetically accurate.
- Quality standards have been met.
- Orders are completed accurately.
We'll provide training, but change will be ongoing, and your own role may evolve. We're looking for adaptable and flexible people who can excel in a fast-paced production environment. In addition, in order to be an outstanding Blocker/Inspection - 2nd Shift, you will:
- Bring a proactive approach to learning and getting up to speed quickly.
- Support our commitment to getting Quality Right the First Time.
- Achieve goals independently and also contribute as a team player.
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Remain flexible and adaptable as processes change.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe workspace.
- Bring a commitment to our mission and goals.
More Good ReasonsProfessional development
Our in-house training program will acquaint you with our culture and business, as well as your role. You'll spend time in classroom sessions and also shadow a coach. We're committed to ensuring you thrive at Essilor.
History shows that strong performers can advance their careers at Essilor. Success as a Lab Tech - First Inspection could set you up to cross-train in other areas, or pursue advancement to a Group Lead role.
You will join a team that includes dedicated, smart and mutually supportive professionals. Our culture is entrepreneurial, and the company has been innovating both technologically and to solve problems for 170 years. You'll also learn the cultural nuances of working for a company based in another country, if that's new to you.
Truly living our values
At Essilor, we believe everyone deserves to see life and all its detail with the best vision possible. That's why, in addition to designing, manufacturing and distributing quality vision care solutions worldwide, we invest in raising awareness of the importance of good vision, support eyecare professionals, invent new technologies and products, and support philanthropic initiatives. For example, the Essilor Vision Foundation partners with schools, eye doctors, and communities to provide eye exams and glasses to underserved children at no cost to their families. We also are committed to robust standards for environmental sustainability. These are just a couple of reasons we were one of the 52 companies named to Fortune magazine's 2019 Change the World list.
In addition to competitive compensation and bonus potential, we offer an exceptional mix of first-rate benefits, including medical, dental and vision plans; a 401(k) plan with company match; tuition reimbursement; comprehensive training through Essilor University; lens and frame benefits for you and your family; an employee stock purchase plan with company match; and more.
Video: As part of the #DifferenceMakers campaign, Essilor chose four eyecare professionals and three Essilor employees to participate in a mission trip to Southeast Asia in March 2019.