The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Lens Picker opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- High mechanical aptitude.
- 1+ years of related work experience, such as in manufacturing; experience in lab settings is preferred but not required.
- The ability to meet measurable standards in a dynamic production environment. Depth perception and manual dexterity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- This position requires that you stand and walk for the duration of any shift.
- You'll work with and around chemicals.
- Your work area may be wet and/or dirty and or have a strong smell.
The RoleYou will pick the appropriate lenses for each job. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Picking appropriate lenses from the shelves.
- Utilizing work tickets to verity that the lens pulled is correct for the job.
- Opening manufacturer boxes and removing lenses.
- Restocking lenses when shipments arrive.
- Sorting and matching work ticket to appropriate tray.
- Perform cycle counts by auditing inventory.
- Assist customer service by verifying lens inventory and recommending products.
- Utilize computer to bill stock orders.
- Perform all other duties within the lens inventory department or other areas as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Observe all company policies, rules and safety practices.
More Good ReasonsInfluence processes
We'll welcome your ideas and suggestions as we establish best practices that can be duplicated in other locations around the world.
Our in-house training program will acquaint you with our culture and business, as well as your role. You'll spend time in classroom sessions and also shadow a coach. We're committed to ensuring you thrive at Essilor.
You will join a team that includes dedicated, smart and mutually supportive professionals. Our culture is entrepreneurial, and the company has been innovating both technologically and to solve problems for 170 years. You'll also learn the cultural nuances of working for a company based in another country, if that's new to you.
Truly living our values
At Essilor, we believe everyone deserves to see life and all its detail with the best vision possible. That's why, in addition to designing, manufacturing and distributing quality vision care solutions worldwide, we invest in raising awareness of the importance of good vision, support eyecare professionals, invent new technologies and products, and support philanthropic initiatives. For example, the Essilor Vision Foundation partners with schools, eye doctors, and communities to provide eye exams and glasses to underserved children at no cost to their families. We also are committed to robust standards for environmental sustainability. These are just a couple of reasons we were one of the 52 companies named to Fortune magazine's 2019 Change the World list.
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer an exceptional mix of first-rate benefits, including medical, dental and vision plans; a 401(k) plan with company match; tuition reimbursement; comprehensive training through Essilor University; lens and frame benefits for you and your family; an employee stock purchase plan with company match; and more.
Video: As part of the #DifferenceMakers campaign, Essilor chose four eyecare professionals and three Essilor employees to participate in a mission trip to Southeast Asia in March 2019.
Keys to SuccessWhile we have established processes and procedures, we are also taking advantage of the new facility launch to drive improvements. This will include changing from manual to highly automated processes. We'll provide training, but change will be ongoing, and your own role may evolve. We're looking for adaptable and flexible people who can excel in a fast-paced production environment.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Lens Picker, you will:
- Bring a proactive approach to learning and getting up to speed quickly.
- Support our commitment to getting Quality Right the First Time.
- Achieve goals independently and also contribute as a team player.
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe workspace.
- Bring a commitment to our mission and goals.