The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Janitor opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Hands-on experience with equipment or machines, such as cleaning, repair or maintenance.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Self-motivation and the ability to achieve goals independently.
- The ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- This position requires that you stand and walk for the majority of any shift.
- You'll work with and around chemicals.
- Work areas may be wet and/or dirty and or have a strong smell.
- You'll need to be able to lift and move up to 30 lbs. to waist height on a regular basis.
The RoleRole Overview
You will clean specialized machines and equipment used in production, including changing filters and other basic maintenance. You'll also clean bathrooms, lunch rooms and offices.
Keys to Success
We'll provide training, but change will be ongoing, and your own role may evolve. We're looking for adaptable and flexible people who can excel in a fast-paced production environment. In addition, in order to be an outstanding Janitor, you will:
- Bring a proactive approach to learning and getting up to speed quickly.
- Achieve goals independently and also contribute as a team player.
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Remain flexible and adaptable as processes change.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe workspace.
- Bring a commitment to our mission and goals.
More Good ReasonsProfessional development
Our in-house training program will acquaint you with our culture and business, as well as your role. You'll spend time in classroom sessions and also learn on the job. We're committed to ensuring you thrive at Essilor.
History shows that strong performers can advance their careers at Essilor. Success could set you up to pursue advancement within the maintenance organization, or other opportunities at Essilor.
You will join a team that includes dedicated, smart and mutually supportive professionals. Our culture is entrepreneurial, and the company has been innovating both technologically and to solve problems for 170 years. You'll also learn the cultural nuances of working for a company based in another country, if that's new to you.
Truly living our values
At Essilor, we believe everyone deserves to see life and all its detail with the best vision possible. That's why, in addition to designing, manufacturing and distributing quality vision care solutions worldwide, we invest in raising awareness of the importance of good vision, support eyecare professionals, invent new technologies and products, and support philanthropic initiatives. For example, the Essilor Vision Foundation partners with schools, eye doctors, and communities to provide eye exams and glasses to underserved children at no cost to their families. We also are committed to robust standards for environmental sustainability. These are just a couple of reasons we were one of the 52 companies named to Fortune magazine's 2019 Change the World list.
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer an exceptional mix of first-rate benefits, including medical, dental and vision plans; a 401(k) plan with company match; tuition reimbursement; comprehensive training through Essilor University; lens and frame benefits for you and your family; an employee stock purchase plan with company match; and more.
Video: As part of the #DifferenceMakers campaign, Essilor chose four eyecare professionals and three Essilor employees to participate in a mission trip to Southeast Asia in March 2019.