The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Mailroom Clerk - 3rd Shift opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous related work experience is preferred but not required. Experience in manufacturing, optical and/or lab settings would be ideal.
- The ability to:
- Meet measurable quotas in a dynamic mailroom environment.
- Add, subtract and understand decimal sequencing.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Write and comprehend short correspondence and memos.
- Depth perception and manual dexterity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven reading and comprehension skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Some computer skills.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- This position requires that you stand and walk for the duration of any shift.
- You'll work with and around chemicals.
- Your work area may be wet and/or dirty.
- You'll need to be able to lift and move up to 20 lbs. to waist height on a regular basis.
The Role and Keys to SuccessRole Overview
As the Mailroom Clerk, your primary focus will be to prepare completed jobs for shipping to the correct customers. It’s important to note that the duties in this position are usually repetitive, requiring limited analysis and use of individual judgment.
Specific duties will include:
- Scanning trays to prepare invoices
- Matching invoices numerically to tray number
- Wrapping finished jobs and sorting numerically by specific account number
- Closing boxes with appropriate labels for shipping
Additionally, your other duties will be to:
- Fold and prepare boxes for mailing
- Utilize computer to create and re-print labels as needed and sort according to account
- Utilize computer to close all couriers at the end of the shift
- Utilize postage machine to create appropriate postage for First Class Mail
- Perform other duties within the shipping department or other areas as assigned
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Observe all company policies, rules and safety practices
Keys to Success
This is a goal-oriented team that loves to make work fun and reward people for doing it. We'll provide training, but change will be ongoing and your role may evolve. We're looking for adaptable and flexible people who can excel in a fast-paced environment. If you are someone who is willing to show up and try, as well as to think and learn, every single day, then you’ll find success here.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Mailroom Clerk - 3rd Shift, you will:
- Bring a proactive approach to learning and getting up to speed quickly
- Support our commitment to getting Quality Right the First Time
- Achieve goals independently and also contribute as a team player
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively
- Remain flexible and adaptable as processes change
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe workspace
- Bring a commitment to our mission and goals
More Good ReasonsProfessional development
Our in-house training program will acquaint you with our culture and business, as well as your role. You'll spend time in classroom sessions and also shadow a coach or other Mailroom Clerks. We're committed to ensuring you thrive at Essilor.
History shows that strong performers can advance their careers at Essilor. Within our shift and department there are plenty of opportunities. For example, success as a Mailroom Clerk could set you up to cross-train in other areas, or pursue advancement to another team. In addition, in such a large company there are always other avenues to build your career throughout the organization.
You will join a team that includes dedicated, smart and mutually supportive professionals who come to work with a positive attitude, and who enjoy working together. We are looking for someone who can becomes part of our ‘family’ in the department. Everyone shows up to do their best every day for the team, and the right fit here is someone who is willing to step in when needed, just as every member of the team is willing to do.
Our culture is entrepreneurial, and the company has been innovating both technologically and to solve problems for 170 years. You'll also learn the cultural nuances of working for a company based in another country, if that's new to you.
Truly living our values
At Essilor, we believe everyone deserves to see life and all its detail with the best vision possible. That's why, in addition to designing, manufacturing and distributing quality vision care solutions worldwide, we invest in raising awareness of the importance of good vision, support eyecare professionals, invent new technologies and products, and support philanthropic initiatives. For example, the Essilor Vision Foundation partners with schools, eye doctors, and communities to provide eye exams and glasses to underserved children at no cost to their families. We also are committed to robust standards for environmental sustainability. These are just a couple of reasons we were one of the 52 companies named to Fortune magazine's 2019 Change the World list.
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer an exceptional mix of first-rate benefits, including medical, dental and vision plans; a 401(k) plan with company match; comprehensive training through Essilor University; lens and frame benefits for you and your family; an employee stock purchase plan with company match; and more.
Video: As part of the #DifferenceMakers campaign, Essilor chose four eyecare professionals and three Essilor employees to participate in a mission trip to Southeast Asia in March 2019.