The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Tracer opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- High mechanical / technical aptitude.
- A methodical approach and the ability to follow SOPs.
- The ability to meet measurable standards in a dynamic production environment.
- Depth perception and manual dexterity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- An accountable and self-motivated work ethic.
- Work experience in manufacturing or similar environments is preferred but not required.
- This position requires that you stand and walk for the duration of any shift.
- You'll work with and around chemicals.
- Your work area may be wet and/or dirty and or have a strong smell.
The Role and Keys to SuccessThe Role
As a Lab Technician - Tracing, you will work in the Frame Manager area and load frames onto a tracing table where they are traced. You will need to have the ability to calibrate the machine.
Then, a work ticket is printed and checked against the information on the frame. From there, the job is bagged and sent to the Frame Manager.
This is a role that will require excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow multiple processes and technical steps throughout a structured process.
You will focus on the activities outlined here, and we plan to cross-train in the future so that you may work in multiple areas.
Keys to Success
We'll provide training, but change will be ongoing, and your own role may evolve. We're looking for adaptable and flexible people who can excel in a fast-paced production environment.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Tracer, you will:
- Bring a proactive approach to learning and getting up to speed quickly.
- Support our commitment to getting Quality Right the First Time.
- Achieve goals independently and also contribute as a team player.
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe workspace.
- Bring a commitment to our mission and goals.
More Good ReasonsInfluence processes
We'll welcome your ideas and suggestions as we establish best practices that can be duplicated in other locations around the world.
Our in-house training program will acquaint you with our culture and business, as well as your role. You'll spend time in classroom sessions and also shadow a coach. We're committed to ensuring you thrive at Essilor.
You will join a team that includes dedicated, smart and mutually supportive professionals. Our culture is entrepreneurial, and the company has been innovating both technologically and to solve problems for 170 years. You'll also learn the cultural nuances of working for a company based in another country, if that's new to you.
Truly living our values
At Essilor, we believe everyone deserves to see life and all its detail with the best vision possible. That's why, in addition to designing, manufacturing and distributing quality vision care solutions worldwide, we invest in raising awareness of the importance of good vision, support eyecare professionals, invent new technologies and products, and support philanthropic initiatives. For example, the Essilor Vision Foundation partners with schools, eye doctors, and communities to provide eye exams and glasses to underserved children at no cost to their families. We also are committed to robust standards for environmental sustainability. These are just a couple of reasons we were one of the 52 companies named to Fortune magazine's 2019 Change the World list.
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer an exceptional mix of first-rate benefits, including medical, dental and vision plans; a 401(k) plan with company match; tuition reimbursement; comprehensive training through Essilor University; lens and frame benefits for you and your family; an employee stock purchase plan with company match; and more.
Video: As part of the #DifferenceMakers campaign, Essilor chose four eyecare professionals and three Essilor employees to participate in a mission trip to Southeast Asia in March 2019.