The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Maintenance Technician opportunity, you will have:
- 1-2 years of maintenance experience in production environments. Experience with optical processing equipment is a plus.
- Basic skills in both mechanical and electrical.
- Experience with schematics, HVAC and/or welding is preferred but not required.
- Basic math skills.
- The ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- This position requires that you stand and walk for the majority of any shift.
- You'll work with and around chemicals.
- Work areas may be wet and/or dirty and or have a strong smell.
- You'll need to be able to lift and move up to 30 lbs. to waist height on a regular basis.
- We are customer-driven, so we'll look to you to be flexible about working overtime as needed.
The RoleRole Overview
You will maintain and repair a variety of optical processing equipment, dividing your time between supporting production and performing preventative maintenance. In particular you can expect to:
- Perform installation, preventative maintenance, and repairs on line manufacturing equipment.
- Locate and diagnose failures, replace defective components, and perform basic troubleshooting using standard electronic equipment, detailed drawings, diagrams, sketches, specifications, prints, manuals, and verbal and/or written instructions.
- Create/update standard operating procedures, work instructions, etc.
- Inspects and repairs production and support equipment, using mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic, and vacuum technologies.
- Provide guidance, training and direction to an assigned individual, group of employees or team.
Keys to Success
We'll provide training, but change will be ongoing, and your own role may evolve. We're looking for adaptable and flexible people who can excel in a fast-paced production environment. In addition, in order to be an outstanding Machine Technician you will:
- Bring a proactive approach to learning and getting up to speed quickly.
- Achieve goals independently and also contribute as a team player.
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Remain flexible and adaptable as processes change.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe workspace.
- Bring a commitment to our mission and goals.
More Good ReasonsProfessional development
Our in-house training program will acquaint you with our culture and business, as well as your role. You'll spend time in classroom sessions and also learn on the job. We're committed to ensuring you thrive at Essilor.
History shows that strong performers can advance their careers at Essilor. Success as a Maintenance Technician could set you up to pursue advancement within the maintenance organization, or pursue other opportunities.
You will join a team that includes dedicated, smart and mutually supportive professionals. Our culture is entrepreneurial, and the company has been innovating both technologically and to solve problems for 170 years. You'll also learn the cultural nuances of working for a company based in another country, if that's new to you.
Truly living our values
At Essilor, we believe everyone deserves to see life and all its detail with the best vision possible. That's why, in addition to designing, manufacturing and distributing quality vision care solutions worldwide, we invest in raising awareness of the importance of good vision, support eyecare professionals, invent new technologies and products, and support philanthropic initiatives. For example, the Essilor Vision Foundation partners with schools, eye doctors, and communities to provide eye exams and glasses to underserved children at no cost to their families. We also are committed to robust standards for environmental sustainability. These are just a couple of reasons we were one of the 52 companies named to Fortune magazine's 2019 Change the World list.