The Inside Sales Representative is the first level of virtual contact with existing accounts. Reporting to the Sales Director with a dotted line to the District Outside Sales Manager, you will be responsible for sales performance, customer relations, and growing sales volume for branded products throughout your assigned territory. You will work from a large, prospective customer list and be responsible for the acquisition and growth of ECP business and loyalty through the positioning and delivery of branded products, marketing strategies, service excellence and technical superiority.
You will work from your home office and spend 90% of your time on the phone, initially focused on developing the existing base, and later adding to that base through new account development. Ultimately, you will focus on maintaining and expanding current accounts approximately three-quarters of the time, with the remainder spent on new account generation. You will utilize corporate tools and applications to document, plan, monitor, and meet sales objectives within your territory, and develop and maintain strong virtual working relationships with customer service and lab personnel to ensure successful customer relations. Quick question for you - click here
More specifically, as Inside Sales Representative you will:
This description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
- Monitor and analyze changes in the market, competitor activity and customer base, and adjust sales plans accordingly.
- Partner with Specialists to drive Essilor branded growth, training opportunities, influence with current initiatives.
- Develop the existing account base (75%) and gain new accounts via territory prospecting (25%)
- Review the cycle plan, market conditions, Essilor KPI expectations and customer needs with District Sales Manager to plan territory sales strategy and to refine call schedules. Build and implement a strategy for all accounts and create an in-depth strategy for key accounts.
- Communicate on an ongoing basis with the District Sales Manager regarding personal development, sales results, and plans of action.
- Partner with lab personnel, virtually, to identify and have an in-depth understanding of account opportunities and adjust call schedules and business plans accordingly.
- Utilize a brand sales strategy to develop trusted partnerships with ECPS to not only grow their branded product sales but their overall business.
- Determine customer needs and position Essilor’s premium branded products and Customer Development Group programs and services to effectively meet the needs of each customer.
- Use analytical tools and software applications effectively to manage Territory accounts (SFDC, Rx Analysis, Profit Analyzer, Price-File Maintenance).
- Use a consultative selling approach with customers that drives immediate sales and establishes long-term business partnerships.
- Review territory plans
- Vary professional selling approach based on segmentation, audience and ECPs’ business approach.
- Anticipate and address customer needs and issues proactively, resolve customer issues in a timely manner and use the opportunity build a stronger relationship. Partner with lab when addressing customer needs while maintaining a professional Essilor image.
- Demonstrate an obsession for customer service through customer involvement.
- Use virtual district meetings, call-ins and the annual review process to identify professional needs and develop skills.
- Complete requested tasks effectively from management and corporate office in a timely manner.