Reporting to the Regional Operations Director, you will oversee all production operations for the Visalia, CA facility, including production process management, quality and continuous improvement, equipment and maintenance, customer focus/service, safety, and administration. The facility has 17 employees, including direct reports and those with a dotted line to you.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the facility meets corporate productivity and profitability goals; delivers excellent products and great customer service to customers -- optometrists and opticians and their end-users -- and that we have well-trained and engaged team members.
This is a fast-paced production environment, with the facility producing hundreds of pairs of glasses each day. Much of your time will be spent on driving operations, from managing financials and budgets to working directly with customers and interacting with Sales, and engaging in employee development, completing productivity reports, and more. You will also add one salaried production management position to the team to serve as your right hand.
Though this is not a complete listing, some of your specific tasks will be to:
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
- Provide leadership and coordinate with Shared Services to maximize employee development, training and performance.
- Lead by example to build strong partnerships with customers, understand their needs, and deliver a top-quality product.
- Prioritize and invests in the development of the organization and its people.
- Identify and implement optimal structure and core processes for lab manufacturing function.
- Implement an optimal layout for the lab, and ensure the team leverages their knowledge of various equipment and employee capabilities to optimize workflow.
- Provide the team with challenging and clear performance objectives directly tied to lab performance expectations for quality, productivity and growth; create an environment that inspires the team to take personal ownership for achieving stretch goals and performance improvement.
- Implement cost-effective systems of control, balancing demands and competitive pressures when investing in the lab and controlling expenses.
- Deliver against operational budgets, forecasts and profit targets, and manage against key objectives.