The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Production Technician opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- High mechanical aptitude.
- 1+ years of related work experience, such as in manufacturing; experience in lab settings is preferred but not required.
- The ability to meet measurable standards in a dynamic production environment. Depth perception and manual dexterity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- This position requires that you stand and walk for the duration of any shift.
- You'll work with and around chemicals.
- Your work area may be wet and/or dirty and or have a strong smell.
The RoleYou will focus on one of the following areas, and we plan to cross-train in the future so that you may work in any area.
In the coating area, you may work as:
- A Clipper, clipping and securing lenses into baskets to begin the coating process.
- A Machine Operator, preparing and operating the coating machine to coat the lenses properly. This will include:
- Loading machine chemicals.
- Loading and unloading sectors with lenses.
- An Inspector, inspecting lenses to ensure that they are optically and cosmetically accurate.
- A Beveler, utilizing the bevel wheel to remove the sharp edges of the lens.
- A Mounter, inserting edged lenses to ensure proper fit and alignment, and inserting lenses into the frame while ensuring proper fit.
- An Edger Operator, using variety of edging machines to cut lenses down to proper size and shape to fit the appropriate frame.
- A Finish Layout preparer, readying uncut lenses for the edging process by outlining the center/alignment markings and affixing the chuck/block.
- A Tinter, accurately tinting all lenses.
- An inspector, checking lenses and frames to ensure quality standards are met.
- A Surfacing Blocker, utilizing the blocking machine to accurately secure a block to all lenses going through the surfacing department. You'll operate taping equipment to apply protective tape to the front of the lenses.
- A Surface Finer/Polisher, operating the equipment used to fine and polish all lenses going through the surfacing depart.
- A Lens Washer, hand washing and drying lenses followed by a brief cosmetic inspection of the lenses. You'll grasp lenses with a de-blocking cup and strike it against the table to remove block from lenses, and also remove tape from lenses.
More Good ReasonsInfluence processes
We'll welcome your ideas and suggestions as we establish best practices that can be duplicated in other locations around the world.
Our in-house training program will acquaint you with our culture and business, as well as your role. You'll spend time in classroom sessions and also shadow a coach. We're committed to ensuring you thrive at Essilor.
You will join a team that includes dedicated, smart and mutually supportive professionals. Our culture is entrepreneurial, and the company has been innovating both technologically and to solve problems for 170 years. You'll also learn the cultural nuances of working for a company based in another country, if that's new to you.
Truly living our values
At Essilor, we believe everyone deserves to see life and all its detail with the best vision possible. That's why, in addition to designing, manufacturing and distributing quality vision care solutions worldwide, we invest in raising awareness of the importance of good vision, support eyecare professionals, invent new technologies and products, and support philanthropic initiatives. For example, the Essilor Vision Foundation partners with schools, eye doctors, and communities to provide eye exams and glasses to underserved children at no cost to their families. We also are committed to robust standards for environmental sustainability. These are just a couple of reasons we were one of the 52 companies named to Fortune magazine's 2019 Change the World list.
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer an exceptional mix of first-rate benefits, including medical, dental and vision plans; a 401(k) plan with company match; tuition reimbursement; comprehensive training through Essilor University; lens and frame benefits for you and your family; an employee stock purchase plan with company match; and more.
Video: As part of the #DifferenceMakers campaign, Essilor chose four eyecare professionals and three Essilor employees to participate in a mission trip to Southeast Asia in March 2019.
Keys to SuccessWhile we have established processes and procedures, we are also taking advantage of the new facility launch to drive improvements. This will include changing from manual to highly automated processes. We'll provide training, but change will be ongoing, and your own role may evolve. We're looking for adaptable and flexible people who can excel in a fast-paced production environment.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Lab Technician, you will:
- Bring a proactive approach to learning and getting up to speed quickly.
- Support our commitment to getting Quality Right the First Time.
- Achieve goals independently and also contribute as a team player.
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe workspace.
- Bring a commitment to our mission and goals.