The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Machine Technician opportunity, you will have:
- Possess ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Possess ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Must be able to navigate in a Windows environment
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have problem solving skills and the ability to think analytically
- Post High School technical training preferred
- 2 years manufacturing experience desired
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Works effectively in a team environment
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ISO 9001, OSHA, and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with company standards
- Must have good hand/eye coordination and 20/20 natural or corrected vision.
- Must be able to stand throughout the work shift
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Preferred Skills (may be from a previous workplace)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with DVI
The RoleRole Overview
You will maintain and repair a variety of optical processing equipment, dividing your time between supporting production and performing preventative maintenance.
Keys to Success
We'll provide training, but change will be ongoing, and your own role may evolve. We're looking for adaptable and flexible people who can excel in a fast-paced production environment. In addition, in order to be an outstanding Machine Technician, you will:
- Bring a proactive approach to learning and getting up to speed quickly.
- Achieve goals independently and also contribute as a team player.
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Remain flexible and adaptable as processes change.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe workspace.
- Bring a commitment to our mission and goals.
More Good ReasonsProfessional development
Our in-house training program will acquaint you with our culture and business, as well as your role. You'll spend time in classroom sessions and also learn on the job. We're committed to ensuring you thrive at Essilor.
History shows that strong performers can advance their careers at Essilor. Success as a Maintenance Technician could set you up to pursue advancement within the maintenance organization, or pursue other opportunities.
You will join a team that includes dedicated, smart and mutually supportive professionals. Our culture is entrepreneurial, and the company has been innovating both technologically and to solve problems for 170 years. You'll also learn the cultural nuances of working for a company based in another country, if that's new to you.
Truly living our values
At Essilor, we believe everyone deserves to see life and all its detail with the best vision possible. That's why, in addition to designing, manufacturing and distributing quality vision care solutions worldwide, we invest in raising awareness of the importance of good vision, support eyecare professionals, invent new technologies and products, and support philanthropic initiatives. For example, the Essilor Vision Foundation partners with schools, eye doctors, and communities to provide eye exams and glasses to underserved children at no cost to their families. We also are committed to robust standards for environmental sustainability. These are just a couple of reasons we were one of the 52 companies named to Fortune magazine's 2019 Change the World list.
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer an exceptional mix of first-rate benefits, including medical, dental and vision plans; a 401(k) plan with company match; tuition reimbursement; comprehensive training through Essilor University; lens and frame benefits for you and your family; an employee stock purchase plan with company match; and more.
Video: As part of the #DifferenceMakers campaign, Essilor chose four eyecare professionals and three Essilor employees to participate in a mission trip to Southeast Asia in March 2019.