More About the Requirements
In addition to the basics described under The Requirements
tab, you will also need:
More About the Role
- Strong self-motivation with the ability to work remotely and meet and exceed goals with little oversight
- Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to provide personal contributions while also contributing to the overall team
- High energy with the ability to follow-up and follow-through in a timely manner
- Excellent organization, administrative and prioritization skills
- Customer service orientation required; customer service experience and/or client relations strongly preferred
- Willingness to travel to visit clients, attend meetings, training and/or trade shows; travel will be minimal (5-10%)
In addition to the responsibilities described under The Role
tab, you will:
Utilize corporate tools and applications to document, plan, monitor, and meet sales objectives within your territory, and develop and maintain strong virtual working relationships with customer service and lab personnel to ensure successful customer relations. Specifically, you will:
Keys to Success
- Monitor and analyze changes in the market, competitor activity and customer base, and adjust sales plans accordingly.
- Partner with Specialists to drive Essilor branded growth, training opportunities, influence with current initiatives.
- Develop the existing account base (60%) and gain new accounts via territory prospecting (40%)
- Review the cycle plan, market conditions, Essilor KPI expectations and customer needs with District Sales Manager to plan territory sales strategy and to refine call schedules. Build and implement a strategy for all accounts and create an in-depth strategy for key accounts.
- Communicate on an ongoing basis with the District Sales Manager regarding personal development, sales results, and plans of action.
- Partner with lab personnel, virtually, to identify and have an in-depth understanding of account opportunities and adjust call schedules and business plans accordingly.
- Utilize a brand sales strategy to develop trusted partnerships with ECPS to not only grow their branded product sales but their overall business.
- Determine customer needs and position Essilor’s premium branded products and Customer Development Group programs and services to effectively meet the needs of each customer.
- Use analytical tools and software applications effectively to manage Territory accounts (SFDC, Rx Analysis, Profit Analyzer, Price-File Maintenance).
- Use a consultative selling approach with customers that drives immediate sales and establishes long-term business partnerships.
- Review territory plans
- Vary professional selling approach based on segmentation, audience and ECPs’ business approach.
- Anticipate and address customer needs and issues proactively, resolve customer issues in a timely manner and use the opportunity to build a stronger relationship. Partner with the lab when addressing customer needs while maintaining a professional Essilor image.
- Demonstrate an obsession for customer service through customer involvement.
- Use virtual district meetings, call-ins and the annual review process to identify professional needs and develop skills.
- Complete requested tasks effectively from management and corporate office in a timely manner.
To stand out in this role, you'll bring an outgoing, engaging personality and strong goal orientation along with the ability to communicate information, including the value-add, in an accessible fashion. Your relationship-building skills will be critical as you connect with sales leadership, customer service, lab personnel and others internally, and with prospective and existing customers. Ultimately, this is sales. You'll know you're hitting the mark when there's visible traction in your territory and you're meeting and/or exceeding your targets.
In addition, to be an outstanding Inside Sales Representative, you will:
- Dedicate yourself to learning, continuously evolving your abilities and filling any knowledge gaps
- Maintain an upbeat attitude and an approachable, team-oriented persona
- Bring high energy, drive and a commitment to consistently meeting and exceeding goals
- Be flexible and adaptable to change and to meet demands
- Own your success by accepting challenges, pursuing goals and learning from misses
- Provide inside sales expertise, but also seek expertise when needed
If this sounds like the right mix of challenge and opportunity, and you meet the minimum requirements, we look forward to hearing from you.
This description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.