Reporting to the Manager, Financial Analysis, you will join a growing team that includes other financial analysts and support resources. You'll interface directly with assigned Shared Service cost center managers (in IT) as part of the Shared Service Business Insights & Analysis Team, which supports Marketing, IT, HR, General Services, Customer Development Group, Data Governance Office, CFO, Legal, Tax and other functional departments.
You'll provide Financial planning & analysis support primarily focused on cost management support, budgeting, monthly financial close, capital project tracking, financial results reporting, and analyzing data to identify areas of risk /cost savings opportunities. In addition, you will interface with and coordinate support across the Shared Service Finance team. This position also will have a special emphasis on reporting/visual presentations development across the Shared Service BA team.
Your responsibilities will fall into six main areas. In the area of reporting and analysis
, you will develop and improve reports for use across the EOA Shared Service team for consolidated and by-department reporting and analysis. This will include identifying KPIs and other metrics for Shared Services to represent the performance over time. Consolidated reporting primarily targets communication of key OpEx drivers within the financial executive community. Department reporting targets key cost management information to functional executives/managers providing timely insights into monitoring and controlling expenses.
Additional monthly reporting will include reconciling key balance sheet accounts, researching key variances and providing fluctuation explanations. Through these processes, you'll be expected to develop an expertise in spend patterns – making recommendations to finance and cost center managers with regards to spend risks as well as savings opportunities.
Regarding month-end close
, you will:
- Prepare capitalization journal entries as applicable.
- Prepare recurring JEs (limited) as applicable.
- Review preliminary financial results and process adjustments as needed (journal entries – reclasses and accruals) to accurately represent monthly financial results.
- Prepare departmental P&Ls / cost center spend reports.
With regard to monthly financial reviews
, you will lead communications with departmental executives and managers, adding insight and details as beneficial. You'll bring to light to areas impacting financial results, or other areas in need of attention and offer potential solution(s) or action item(s) to address.
In the area of budget and forecasting
, you'll coordinate development of the annual budget and periodic forecasting cycles, including:
- Gathering historical financial data and providing recommendations/direction based on trends and enterprise initiatives.
- Leading departmental managers though their budgeting steps, meeting budgeting calendar deadlines.
- Supporting department managers in order to determine strategies and departmental costs for the balance of the current year and for the upcoming year.
- Providing reporting on an as-needed basis using various reporting tools, including Oracle, Hyperion, and OBIEE applications.
- Supporting capitalization setup and tracking as needed.
- Forming a supportive working relationship with department managers, serving as the go-to resource for all financial related needs.
. Consistent with all positions in this classification, you may be assigned additional projects, tasks and/or duties beyond what is outlined here as needs arise.